We are happy to announce the release of MVOS version 1.5.0. This release includes operating system patches for Meltdown and Spectre. For those unfamiliar, Meltdown is a CPU vulnerability that allows a user program to access privileged kernel-mode memory while Spectre enables data and code extraction from peer processes. Neither of these surface as direct vulnerabilities under normal operating conditions for players. Even so, we strongly recommend updating all of your digital media players to MVOS 1.5 as a best practice for security concerns.
MVOS 1.5.0 has been superseded by MVOS 1.5.4, available here: MVOS 1.5.4 Installer.
NOTE: This release requires MVOS 1.4.0 or later to be installed on the target system, as it leverages our new MVI update file format.
Appspace HTML5 Client Version
- 4.15 Kernel from upstream Ubuntu
- Improved Realtek WiFi support
- Audio support for D2 bristol ridge version
- Chromium 67.0.3396.18
- Hotplugging support for MIMO touchscreens as auxiliary control surfaces
- New fonts included by default
- Flash re-enablement via Chromium policy